Sterile Lubricant Gel with Lidocaine in pre-filled syringes with lubricant, antiseptic and anaesthetic action for catheterizations.
LUBRAGEL is used for lubrication in the urinary system. Sterile Lidocaine Lubricating Gel is a water-soluble gel used to lubricate urethral catheters and other medical devices during urethral catheterization, endoscopy and cystoscopy. It can also be used for applications in the rectum and colon as a lubricating gel. The lubricating action of Lidocaine Gel helps prevent the injury that may occur during catheterization or the application of other medical devices between the urethral mucosa and the catheter or medical device. Lidocaine hydrochloride is a local anesthetic that inhibits pain when inserting a catheter or other medical device. Thanks to the anesthetic action of the gel, the patient is relaxed and iatrogenic injuries due to spasticity or anxiety are minimized. In addition, it allows the painless procedure through its local anesthetic action, while reducing the risk of infections with its antiseptic properties.
Lubragel is a medical device with a CE marking. Notification No. to the Greek Organization for Medicines: 125356/26-11-2020
100 gr gel contains;
- Purified Water
- Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose (Lubricative)
- 2g Lidocaine Hydrochloride (Local anaesthetic)
- 0.250g Chlorhexidine Gluconate -20% concentrated (Antiseptic)
- 0.060g Methyl Hydroxybenzoate (Preservative)
- 0.025g Propyl Hydroxybenzoate (Preservative)
- Preoperatively and postoperatively in surgeries of the urinary and gynecological system.
- For the emptying of the bladder before, during and after surgery.
- In urinary retention (eg prostate hypertrophy).
- In repressions or comatose states (eg multiple injuries, toxic and barbiturate poisoning, craniocerebral injuries).
- For medicine instillation into the bladder for therapeutic purposes (eg chemotherapy).
- To measure the amount of urine residual volume in the bladder after urination.
- To monitor the supply of urine accurately.
- In urine loss for purposes of hygiene and bed rest prevention .
- Opening of urethral strictures.