Sidestream Plus reusable nebulizer package
- The Sidestream Plus nebulizer system works with an 'active' ventouri system which does not allow the drug to be lost on exhalation. In addition to the usual bronchodilators, it is used to administer inhaled corticosteroids and antibiotics.
- Studies have shown that Sidestream Plus provides accurate doses (1) of corticosteroid suspension and inhaled antibiotics. Thanks to the innovative jet system, 80% of the droplets are less than 5 microns (small) and so we have the drug deposited in the final bronchioles.
- The Sidestream Plus ventilator handset is reusable, sterilized in an oven for hospital use, or simply boiled for home use.
- The disposables package contains: mouthpiece, four antimicrobial air filters, plastic cable for connection to the nebulizer
(1) Nikander et al. Drug Delivery Systems. Journal of Aerosols in Medicine 1994: Vol.7, (I) pp.5-19